Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Writing Life ~~~ 2017


Lately, when strangers ask me what I do for work, I tell them honestly; “I’m a writer”. It’s what I do every day. Outside of my job as a freelance journalist with our local small businesses magazine, I work every day to create what will someday be a shelf full of novels. The ideas that are floating around in my mind daily, range from romantic stories to science fiction reincarnation stories and even some action type stories. One day, I’d even love to create a historic fiction novel based on the Tudor Family.

As a mother of 2, which includes an energetic two-year-old boy, the novel writing is mostly on the pages of my mental notebook for now. Every day I wake up and my main focus is my children’s wellbeing. Making sure they are fed, entertained, and educated (yup! I homeschool too)! Life is hectic but trying to make the best of it.

In 2017, I plan to focus more on getting the stories on the computer pages and out of my mental notebook. I look forward to being in a better mindset of being organized, cutting out unpleasant distractions and honestly, trying to do it all and doing it well.

What can you expect from me in 2017? Here are some changes and goals I want plan to accomplish:

  • The Edge of Darkness (Parker and Gabriella’s Story) up on Amazon (Kindle) by June 2017.
  • Untitled Novel (Brian’s Story) First Draft/Beta Ready by Aug 2017.
  • More Active/Engaging Blog


I will be honest with you. With a few...and I mean very few exceptions, I hated 2016. From social media responses...I take it I’m not the only one who thought 2016 would be better if forgotten. Like I said, there were a few good things/experiences in 2016 that were worth carrying over to 2017 but not many. I’m ready for a new year, a fresh start, and amazing memories.

I originally planned to post this on New Years’ Eve, but here’s to getting an early start…. :D




 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment