Sunday, December 11, 2016

Bucket List


With 2016 coming to a close, it's important to begin accessing the past and clearing the slate as much as possible to begin anew. Many people think it's stupid to create "resolutions" because no one ever really does them anyway. I believe in making goals. If you don't complete them all, so what...the point is to try, and making the list alone is trying.

These aren't my resolutions, though, it's my "before I die" bucket list and while some may be completed in 2017, I know many won't be. I'm okay with that.

Here are my current Top 6 goals I have for the future. I believe in living my life happy. If this past year has taught me anything, it's that I'm important too. My happiness is important too. Could my choices hurt others? Of course, someone is bound to get hurt in some way or another. However, while I try to avoid that, I can't let that control my own happiness. May your future be bright, and you take the chance to make it so. It starts with you....and only you.

My Top 6 Bucket List Goals:

1) Walk Behind a Waterfall.
For me, this would be amazing! I love waterfalls and dream of creating a photo book of some of the most gorgeous ones all over the country. I'd love to be able to walk behind one, and may set out this Summer and try to do this...we shall see. Either way, it's on the list.







2) Dance in the Rain.
Every girls' dream right? I know it's one of mine. However, usually, when you see me in the rain, I'm racing to my car with a baby on my hip and ushering my 6 yr old to get into the car. I end up looking like a drowned rat and miserable. But, I know that I'd love to cast all negativity aside and do this with someone I love. <3 ;).




3) Random Exploration.
Ever heard of the idea of throwing a dart at a map, and going where it lands? I so want to do this one day. Maybe when the kids are a little older or a sitter I trust since the trip will likely be more than a single day. In 2009, during our second deployment, I drove with our dog Rascal from San Diego CA to Tallahassee FL, in three days. It was a trip home, where I spent nearly a month but the drive itself was so liberating. I drove an average of 10 hours a day and enjoyed every minute of it. I love solo travels, and I can't wait to do this one.




4) Write a Letter to Myself to Open in 10 Years.
In the last 10 years, I've gotten married, moved across the country and back, and carried and birthed two children. I've also written 3 full-length novels, though none have been yet published. So much can happen in a year, and even more so in 10. This is a bucket list item that will happen in 2017, and who knows...maybe I'll share it on the blog in 2027. Gives me something to look forward to, if I live that long.


5) Rope Swing into Water.
This one is all about bringing out the country girl in me. She's lost a bit of herself over the last 10 years because of too much city living. I cannot wait to wash away the city grime and get my hands dirty again. One of my favorite things I remember doing as a kid is going to the nearby sinkholes and swimming. I was never brave enough to try the rope swings...afraid I'd let go at the wrong time and end up on the rocks... ha. ha. <--- I'll admit this. I hope to knock this one off the list in the next 6 years.

6) Spend a Night on the Beach.
One of my biggest fears is a massive wave washing onto land and engulfing everyone and everything in its path. I'm not afraid of the beach.  I will admit I'm so much more alert....not like I could do anything but whatever ;). I love camping, and I even more so love the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. I would so much enjoy doing this...but with two kids and possibly moving away in less than 2 yrs far away from the beach, it's not as much of an easy task as it should be. I'll get there, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment