To those who know me, it's no secret that music is my therapy. When I'm stressing about something, in a mood, or simply need a break; I plug in the headphones and lose myself in the lyrics and sounds. Back when I was considering a career as a Psychologist, I wanted to study the impact of Musical Therapy and that would have been the focus of my practice. Who knows what the future will hold...but for now, I simply use the technique on myself.
Each month, or as my mood changes...I create a new playlist on my Spotify account. Currently, this is my playlist. Comment below some of your favorites...you never know when they'll be added to the next playlist. I'll try to include what I enjoy about each song.
My December 2016 playlist:
- Middle of a Memory: Cole Swindell is an artist I recently started really listening to. When this song came out, it hit home more than I cared for it too. I love it, though. There are some days I can't listen to it because it physically hurts to do so. For me,this song talks about someone who comes into your life and makes a huge impact without even doing much of anything but just showing up in your life. Naturally, they leave for whatever reason; usually with no explanation. It could because their time and purpose in your life had come and gone even if you weren't ready to say goodbye, or maybe they pass away suddenly. Who knows...I have it on the playlist this month because I love the song that damn much. Cole's voice alone is enough to make a girl's heart swoon, especially when he sings..."...babyyyy". ;). Haven't heard it? What is WRONG with you!?!?!? <---- just kidding...kinda.
- Your Love is My Drug: Kesha brings this song to life like no one else ever could. Ever had a relationship no matter how serious, that felt like a drug? You know you shouldn't but it's like fighting an addiction? Yup, that's why I love this song. It's also motivation for writing material. On my novel's "unofficial soundtrack". "I don't care what people say, the rush I feel is worth the price I pay, I get so high when you're with me, but crash and crave you when you leave." <---- my FAVORITE line!!!!
- Me and My Broken Heart: This song is by Rixton and I'll be honest, no clue who they or he is. I heard this at the command Christmas Party and enjoyed the beat. It reminds me of being carefree. Maybe I should listen to the words....but I don't want to ruin the beat so for now...I'll leave it as is.
- This I Promise You: I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for love songs. Back in my rebellious 'Not a fan of N*Sync fan days*, I slipped once or twice and this song hooked it's lyrics and music into me. Justin Timberlake's voice in this (well everything he sings but especially this song) melts my heart. I really enjoy the lyrics to this song because it really makes me remember what being in love is about. The emotion in this song is why I love being in love. A person becomes to mean so much to you, that it almost makes you a sappy lovesick human. Which occasionally it's okay to be that kind of person. ;). *cough...guys*
- My Happy Ending: Avri Lavigne has an amazing voice and her music is strong yet so laid back at the same time. This song speaks a lot to me lately...though I'm not fully sure why...but it's a favorite on my playlist. I have a few favorite lines in this one....:
Let's talk this over
It's not like we're dead
Was it something I did?
Was it something you said?
Don't leave me hanging
In a city so dead
Held up so high
On such a breakable thread
It's nice to know that you were there
Thanks for acting like you cared
And making me feel like I was the only one
It's nice to know we had it all
Thanks for watching as I fall
And letting me know we were done
- Yeah Boy: The ever so talented and beautiful Kelsea Ballerini sings this song and I've become a major fan of hers lately. You'll have to listen to this yourself, but this song throws me back to being 15/16 years old and my first love. <3 *sigh* I wish I could sing..... :D. I think it's the perfect way to express how you feel about someone.
- Smack That: *hangs head* A nice girl like me shouldn't like this song as much as I do. But I do. Akon and Eminem do an incredible job with this song. During those nights or days when I'm feeling fat and ugly...I throw this tune on and for some reason it makes me feel sexier. Gosh! Why am I blushing as I type this....! ;). #Therapy I tell ya!
- What Goes Around/Comes Around: *sigh* Justin Timberlake....that Jessica Biel is such a lucky girl to have his voice at her disposal every day. <3. This is another song I really love the beat too. "I should have known better when you came around, should have known better you would make me cry..." <--- favorite line!!
- You are not Alone: This obviously isn't a "happy" song, but it's heartfelt. This song reminds me of my Mama and my Nanny, both who I miss greatly. <3 Plus I'm in love the emotion that Michael Jackson put into his songs.
- I Miss You: This song is on the playlist because Blink-182 used to really turn me on. Their voices, I mean ;). I also may have dated a guy who could have been the lead singers twin but whatever. #honesty.